Thursday, July 18, 2019

Week 1

Kon'nichiwa keiteishimai,
     I am in a Japanese branch here at the MTC, and that means "hello brothers and sisters", so even though I am english speaking I've been learning a handful of Japanese which is fun. We got here last Wednesday and it has been a roller coaster of a week. First of all I was the first person in my district to arrive although most of them live in Utah. I flew in from Arizona and got to the classroom at around 10:30 am and the second person to walk through the door was someone else who flew in on the same flight from Arizona and we were able to bond over that pretty quickly. A district is comprised of multiple companionships which are a set of Elders or Sisters going to the same mission. Our district is one of the biggest at the MTC currently with 15 members, seven companionships of two and one companionship of three which happens to be mine. My initial companion is Elder McGregor who is a complete stud basketball player from Saratoga Springs Utah. Me and Elder McGregor became really close friends really fast, which I suppose happens when you have to stay within eye and earshot of someone 24/7. We are by far the closest companionship in the district though and our district is by far the closest at the MTC, we do everything as a little family. It is an interesting concept because I haven't experienced very much home sickness despite not seeing or talking to any of my family or friends in eight days. The MTC is pretty awesome though, it was tough the first couple days but then as I started to get closer to the people I was with all day everyday it bagan to get easier. I am learning a lot here not only about the doctrine and teachings of the Bible and Book of Mormon but about people skills and how teach more effectively. I can already start to feel my testimony grow and I get more and more excited to be leaving for Spokane every day. I miss everyone a ton and it sucks having to drop everything but two years is going to fly by and then I'll be missing my mission and coming home to lots of love.
                                                                                                       Raishu made! (until next week)
                                                                                                         with love, Elder Henry!

No comments:

Post a Comment