Monday, August 26, 2019

Week 6 Aug. 26th, 2019

Everyday has been an adventure in my mission, each with different levels of intensity, but all still fun and exciting. There have been little things, such as meeting a drunk guy in a park who is named "Bob, spelled B-O-B but without the Z." Then we had an intense experience when were teaching a lady who got a full body of goosebumps when we read the first sentence of Nephi chapter 8. She kept interrupting our reading to tell us that she had goosebumps-which allowed us to teach about the Holy Ghost and how you can have it at all times when you're baptized. 
I played some basketball with a college student who has Down Syndrome, we found a giant teddy bear and named it Pablo, and we even got to go to a downtown car show. It was super fun, not only to see all of those cars, but to meet a bunch of people. I have learned so much at each stage of my mission (granted I've only been out a couple weeks) There is always more to learn- not only as a missionary-but as a member of the church. There is more to the gospel than meets the eye. The lessons you learn stay with you and give you new perspectives that you wouldn't otherwise think about.
I find it easier and easier to love those we teach as I go, I get more attached to investigators and also to the members of the church in our ward. There is one family in particular, the Biglers, who have 7 children and have had us over for dinner the past two Sundays. They have a 16 year old son who goes out and teaches with us all the time. It's super awesome that he is preparing so early for missionary work, but also that he has a desire to do so. As a 16 year old, I wasn't really even thinking about being a missionary, but I wish I had been. I have been struggling with feeling underprepared the last couple days but I think I am finally getting over it. I love everyone and am grateful for all of the continued support.
                                                 Lots of Love,
                                                        Elder Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment